Tuesday, October 14, 2014

ConceptArt.org

I joined LevelUp a few months ago, an online workshop at ConceptArt.org mostly for digital artists. I want to get more familiar with digital painting, so I decided this would probably be a good way to do so.

I kind of overestimated myself though. With my other assignments that I've been doing in the Famous Artist Course (which i'll maybe post about later), I haven't been going through the LevelUp assignments as quickly as I would like.

For instance, 2 months ago I received the first assignment: 20 black and white composition studies of masters. Which is basically just copying other works you like.

I'm only on number 8 i think. Which is just sad... But here's the latest one I did. They're not supposed to take forever, so you try not to spend too long on them. This one took me about 3 hours.
 The original is on the left, by Frank Frazetta. Mine is on the right.

No comments: